Shirley is a graduate student in the Bader Lab at the University of Toronto in the Department of Molecular Genetics.
- Supervisor: Gary Bader
- Supervisory Committee: Tony Pawson, Quaid Morris, Charlie Boone
- Computational prediction of protein domain-peptide interactions using machine learning methods.
- Machine Learning - Support Vector Machines
- Protein-protein interaction prediction
- PDZ domains
- 1996 - 2001 University of Waterloo - B.Math Hons Computer Science Co-op
- 2002 - 2005 University of Waterloo - M.Math focusing on applications in Bioinformatics
* 1996 - 2001 Ottawa (Corel), Mississauga (Pervasive Software, Platform Computing), San fransisco (Evolve Digital Consulting) * 2001 - 2006 Waterloo (AGFA Healthcare) * 2006 Toronto (Sunnybrook Hospital - Medical Imaging)