Shirley is a graduate student in the Bader Lab at the University of Toronto in the Department of Molecular Genetics.
- Supervisor: Gary Bader
- Supervisory Committee: Tony Pawson, Quaid Morris, Charlie Boone
- Computational prediction of protein domain-peptide interactions using machine learning methods.
- Machine Learning - Support Vector Machines
- Protein-protein interaction prediction
- PDZ domains
- 1996 - 2001 University of Waterloo - B.Math Hons Computer Science Co-op
- 2002 - 2005 University of Waterloo - M.Math focusing on applications in Bioinformatics
- 1996 - 2001
- Ottawa (Corel)
- Mississauga (Pervasive Software, Platform Computing)
- San fransisco (Evolve Digital Consulting)
- 2001 - 2006
- Waterloo (AGFA Healthcare)
- Toronto (Sunnybrook Hospital - Medical Imaging)